A Letter from NH EPSCoR
Across the country, high-wage jobs and robust innovation-based economies are associated with strong relationships among industries and research universities. New Hampshire has significant untapped potential to improve its economy by purposefully developing synergies between its industry and university research enterprises. But which types of industry and university research could set NH apart in the national and global economy?
NH has the right ingredients to grow its innovation economy, including:
- Presence of advanced industries
- High number of inventors and skilled workers
- University research and development assets that can align with industry need
But NH lags national growth in:
- Advanced industry employment
- High-skilled and middle-skilled jobs
NH can continue to increase innovation-led development by:
- Promoting industry-university collaborations with a focus on industry-facing research and growth opportunities.
- Strengthening NH’s innovation ecosystem to spur increased commercialization, entrepreneurial development and place-making
- Advancing talent generation, retention and attraction through promoting industry-university collaborations and strengthening the state’s innovation ecosystem.